Are you a pizza lover and afraid of getting fat? Many of us think that pizza a fat producing food and if you want to lose weight then leave the pizza. Its wrong pizza can be very nutritious and healthy if you prepare or order in a right way. You can add pizza in your diet still if you are on the weight loss journey.
Prepare your own pizza
- You are a pizza lover, so you should make it at home to get the benefits. Replace the all-purpose flour crust with the whole grain dough. You can make it at home or buy it from the market as well. The whole grain crust has many vitamins, fiber, and minerals in it so you can enjoy the pizza along with the benefits.
- The main ingredient of pizza is its cheese, and we all love it. So, replace the full-fat cheese with the low-fat cheese easily available in the market. Sprinkle low-fat cheese on your pizza.
- Don’t use canned pizza sauce make your own by the fresh tomatoes and add flavors to it. Canned pizza sauce contains sugar and high salt so avoid that prepare your own at home.
- Add some seasoning fruits like apples and apricots plus berries on your pizza as a topping and add extra flavors to make it more interesting.
- You have a variety of things for topping like seasoning veggies like broccoli, spinach, zucchini and many of the roasted things which are fresh. For spices, you can add fresh basil leaves, oregano, chili flakes and peppers onto it. Be creative and look around you, you will find a variety of fresh items you can add to your pizza.
Order Pizza in Following Way
- If you don’t have the time or you are out and can’t make your own you can also order your pizza wisely. Ask for the whole grain crust cause it has many minerals plus vitamins in it and much better than other crust, if available then go for this. If not then ask for thin crust, it will low down the ratio of calories into the crust.
- Cheese is loaded with calories this is why people try to cut down the pizza intake. Be wise and ask for low-fat cheese many of the restaurants have low-fat cheese as an option but if they don’t have it then ask for less cheese and tell them to add half amount of cheese they usually added.
- Pizza parlors have the option of preparing your own in the menu. Go for this option and include your favorite ingredients in the topping. Ask for loads of veggies because they are rich in minerals, vitamins, and fiber and also add flavor to the pizza.
- Pizza has many options like sausages, pepperoni, and bacon which have high-fat properties. Skip all these ingredients by only selecting chicken breast or low-fat sausages plus add loads of veggies. These options would decrease the calories level from your pizza.
- The crust has either brush with oil or butter. Ask them to skip it and brush the crust with garlic paste. It will cut down a lot of calories from your pizza.
- Ask for the red sauce which is enriched with antioxidants and good for health replace it with Alfredo sauce. Ask for fresh spices if they have like fresh basil and oregano.
- Don’t drink sodas with your pizza try to drink more water and order a healthy salad with pizza. These simple steps would help you in getting fewer calories.